Titleless



Photo from Muhil Mohan on Unsplash. 

Welcome to Limitless. 

I shuffle between consciousness and the sleep world, forcing myself to sleep in just a bit more because it’s my day off. Morolake, give this body some extra little break. 

Then, I receive a call. Hoping it’s not a work call, I lazily pick up my phone, “oh it’s my dad”… I check the time, 7:45am. Why so early? Okay, I think he is returning my call that he missed yesterday. He called to give an update of things. Perfect.

I dropped my phone and flickered my eyes from object to object in my apartment. I stare intently at the bottle of groundnut sitting pretty on my island. I really need to cook, or I might just keep living on bread and those two-bite chocolate croissants which is bad because believe it or not, I’ve been gaining weight. Impressive. 

I sit and wonder if this is the new life to embrace. This hectic, busy, adult life. Every day is a dramatic one, and most likely a rollercoaster. Am I embracing this new scenery? Should I? Should I enjoy every moment and savor every memory made?

I think I’m cut out for country life. I might just move out to the countryside someday, with a non-stressful career, of course. I can hear the quietness. I feel the gentle breeze. That unmatched peace and quiet. 

It suits my person perfectly. 

I’m still content. I’m walking in an answered prayer, I prayed for this. Kind of. 

Sigh, let’s leave that aside a bit. Y’all didn’t tell me that makeup products are so expensive. I have a couple of fetes coming up, and I thought to go get some foundation, brushes and stuff. 

My eyes couldn’t have bulged more with the prices I was seeing. I tried the foundation and brow pencil last night, and I’ve arrived at the conclusion that I shall be going with my natural face. The mascara and lip gloss I already had would do. 

LOL. I don’t think the makeup life is cut out for me, at least not yet. It always looks excellent when I have it done by a professional. Sigh. Life. 

I talked with a couple of my friends this week, and everyone seemed busy and up to different serious things. How do we manage to always be in similar phases. I guess it’s called “peers” for a reason. 

I have lots to say. No, I haven’t said a quarter. Lol. I know this is a full rant. 

I wanted to talk about the entitlement mentality; how some are entitled to others’ time, money, and services. We would talk about it in the next blog post. Let’s not go into serious topics today. 

Thank you for reading. I hope you are doing really well. I’m rooting for you and I wish you the very best. I mean it. 

Till we meet again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags