Relationship People, Rest Abeg.


Welcome to Limitless! 

It’s February! Can I get a woohooooo๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿพ. 

Okay okay, let me calm down. I love February so much, I’m guessing you know the reason already. Hehe. 

Single people! Don’t let anybody pepper or pressure you!! Relationship people, never compare!! Anddd let us hear word๐Ÿ‘€. Okay okay, don’t bite me. 

I want us to talk about comparison though. 

You’ve probably heard the saying, “comparison is the thief of joy”. Comparison is that situation whereby instead of being grateful and happy for the little or much you have, you measure it with other people’s journey. 

Stay with me. 

To my Single People

If you know that seeing people flaunt their Valentine gifts or relationships always makes you over-think your non-existent relationship life, just avoid wedding pages, at least for now! That, my friend, is hack number one.

Guyssss, let me even gist you. That’s how I saw a couple kissing deeply on a wedding page today. Ahhhh! Ahnahnnn. I just scrolled past with speed, don’t corrupt me abeg๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜‚. Anywaysssss.

Second, don’t feel less of yourself just because there is a heightened wave of Public Display of Affection (PDA) going around. Don’t let anybody put PRESSURE on you aka no let anybody pressure you. No gree for anybody. You sef, you will have your own relationship soon, you deserve it and it will surely happen! Though, that’s if you want it. 

Also, it is very important to be content with your single season. Not that you don’t desire/want to be in a relationship, I mean you are just embracing that single-hood, getting to know more about yourself, your purpose, reading more books, and getting closer to God. 

I would like to believe that when you are content and confident with your single season, other people’s PDA should not take so much of a toll on you emotionally. You could admire other people’s relationships and “awww” at them, but when their PDA starts affecting you emotionally (I get you), then, you need to sit and assess yourself. Really, just enjoy your single phase!๐Ÿฅ‚ 

To my Relationship People 

First, if the aim of posting about your relationship is to pepper or spite anyone, your motive is questionable (this is directed to Christians). Do you know why? It is simply pride. Some will even post their relationships because they want to press the necks of single people. Let the single breeeffff please.

That’s if your aim is to spite anyone o, before you drag me now๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜‚. If that is your aim and you are a Christian, feel free to drag me please, I’m your tiger gen๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ. Godforbid sha

Second, I sincerely believe you shouldn’t compare your relationship with other people’s own. The fact that a girl bought a Valentine package of 1 million for her man does not mean you should look down on your own woman because she didn’t buy something expensive for you. 

You too you know she can’t afford it now, you know how much she is earning, do you want her to steal? This example is not gender-specific please. I think we should consider being understanding when receiving gifts if we are not already. 

Now, I’m not justifying people who do not give gifts on Valentine’s under the pretense of “everyday is Valentine”. Oga, this is a day that lovers celebrate themselves and exchange gifts. If it is something your partner loves, I see no reason why you shouldn’t be doing something that would make them happy. 

Also, you can give the most thoughtful gifts that are not even expensive. In this kind of case, I’m talking about when you know that you can’t afford something super expensive. Then, I propose that you go for something within your budget. 

I suggested some gifts in a blog post “Beyond Valentine Packages: The Perfect Valentine’s Gift”. Check it out if you’d like to know more. 

All in all, enjoy this Valentine Season, have fun, and start prepping your gifts if you are in a relationship. If you are single, that day is not a public holiday o, let’s get the bag. Students, let’s read our books๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ. Thank you. 

I love you guys! Thank you so much for reading. Till we meet again❤️.  




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags