Shared Experiences of People’s Most Memorable Valentine


Photo by Amir Esrafili on Unsplash 

Welcome to Limitless! 


What’s your most memorable Valentine? Have you ever had a Valentine when you were expecting to receive a gift, but you didn’t? 


Have you even ever had a real Valentine’s? That’s a question for you single pringles😭🫢😂. Okay okay. Small joke. 


I did an anonymous survey of people’s most memorable Valentine’s Experience. The following are the responses:


1. ‘Wow. Hmm let me see. I think the best Valentine’s Day ever was the very first one with my now hubby. I was visiting family in Nigeria; hubby was in the UK that period and he surprised me with cake, flowers, wine and the likes. Special delivery for me to my  childhood house. It was very special because it was the first time my grandma got to find out about him and see the prayers she rained over him that day. It was a very very very great first impression of him to my family and vice versa. Definitely a Val’s day I would never forget’.


My comment: I can’t help but “awww” at this one. Hehe. Soooo cute🥹😭😂.


2. ‘Great Question. I think it was during my university days, I was in my first year in Fagunwa (University of Lagos hostel), and it was my first time out of the house (home) to school. I remember my room mate receiving a car as her Valentine’s gift. We didn't sleep that night in the room lool. We were just making noise all night, the following day, her boyfriend took everyone in the room out to eat(awoof dey turn belle)’. 


My comment: 😭😂😂It’s the awoof dey turn belle for me. It translates to “free things (can) give you a stomach upset”. Now, I want to know the full gist! I can imagine the drama. 


3. ‘My worst experience. Maybe not worst sha because how many Valentines have I celebrated 😂😂😂. I was in a relationship with a guy… in the mood of valentine I was expecting him to call me, you know say plenty love words because we were in long distance relationship so I wasn’t expecting gifts like that.. Omo this guy didn’t call me oo. I called him in the evening and I poured out my heart, baba told me what is Valentine’s day, that he doesn’t even celebrate his own birthday talk less of Valentine’s Day. Omoo I had an important journey to make then I had to stop by somewhere to drop something unfortunately they were celebrating Valentine there, see couples left and right but I no even fit drop by cause I was leaving’. 


My comment: Aww. I’m so sorry about your experience. I really think people should do better at compromising. If your partner values Valentine’s, I think it would be thoughtful and selfless of you to get them a gift or do something for them.


4. “When I was 5”. 


My comment: Huh? Your most memorable Valentine’s was when you were 5?😂 How? And we need the full story! Is this meant to be a sort of cliffhanger?🤣


~

Those are all the responses I got from the survey guys! Some of you refused to respond. The Lord is watching you🫵🏾😂. 


Is Valentine’s worth the hype? Let me know in the comment section. 


Thank you for reading. Till we meet again❤️. 

 

Comments

  1. On the one hand, it's a day that celebrates love and romance, which can be a beautiful thing. On the other hand, some people feel that Valentine's Day is too commercialized and can put a lot of pressure on couples to buy gifts and spend money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. You are very correct! Thank you for sharing❤️

      Delete
  2. Well, I believe Valentine is not for everybody but if you have a partner that looks forward to the day, why not celebrate with him/her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thank you for reading❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags