Celebrating Others while Waiting

 


Welcome to Limitless! 

Today, let’s talk about celebrating others while waiting. I know this is one of those tough conversations, but hear me out. 

Celebrating others while waiting can sometimes prove to be difficult. 

I forgot that I had this topic in my blog draft until I saw a post on Twitter a few days ago. The user posted about how she had been praying the same prayers for about four years, I think, and she hasn’t gotten any answer yet. 

She said, and I’m paraphrasing, that she gets sad whenever she sees other people’s testimonies and sometimes just log off while she’s watching the challenge probably because she was tired of asking for the same things with no results. 

Moment of vulnerability- this exact thing happened to me some years ago. I was so sad about things not working in my life and didn’t see the need of repeating the same prayer points. So, I didn’t join the Hallelujah challenge that particular day. 

How do people wait on God for 10, 20, 30, 40 years, and still stay in His presence unwaveringly? Waiting for weeks feel like forever. So, how?

The Holy Spirit really schooled me on this. Why do we treat God like “if you give me, I will stay, if you don’t give me, I will leave”? 

Again, you know how it goes, the use of “we” is for anyone who is guilty of the statement made.

I’m thinking, this is like going to a service center where you go do your printing or photocopy errands, and if all the computers are down, you go to another center. What happens if that is the only service center you have in the town, and the document you need to print out is a matter of life and death. Would you stay until the computers are fixed and live, or would you leave and die? 

What made Job even say “though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him”? Scripture also says we should ask until your joy is full. 

Look, know this, and keep it in mind. God is still God even when you are going through that hardship. God is still God when you feel like your prayers aren’t being answered the way “you” want them. 

God is still God when you think things are getting “choking”. And guess what? This might annoy you a bit. But, He sees you. He sees it all. Every bit. He is right there. Just right there. There are various answers to prayers, and we might talk about this in the future. 

I sincerely believe our worship shouldn’t be solely based on what God has done or the things that are going well in our lives. 

Worshipping is still being there in His presence in your toughest moments, it is choosing to show our devotion to Him for who He is. It is being sincere about our feelings; being vulnerable about that very tough moment. Who says we just have to speak or be in His presence only when we want to kabash and are having goosebumps? 

(Kabash is a slang that means to speak in tongues).

So, instead of being so down when you see other people winning, know that God is still God regardless of your “so” long waiting season. 

Also, if you are sure the answer is to wait, know that God who did it for the people who are winning or who got their testimonies is very much able to do it for you and He will do it! So, celebrate them, and be genuinely happy for them. 

Don’t lose hope, never allow the devil to craftily pull you out of God’s presence. He can take advantage of your waiting season to let you feel like God isn’t real or doesn’t care about you. That is the way it starts. It is His strategy. God has promised that the thoughts He thinks about us are thoughts of good, not of evil to give us an expected end. Be rest assured. 

Always be on guard. You are made for so much more. You cannot afford to slack. 

~

Thank you so much for reading. Till we meet again❤️. 





Comments

  1. This words came at the right time 👍, thank you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that! Thank you for reading❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags