Limitless Gist


Welcome to Limitless! 

I hope you are keeping well? 

Today is one of those days that I have lots of serious things to say, yet I do not feel like writing on them. So, I’ve decided to just gist you guys today. Rumor has it that some of you like gist🤣 .This one is a cringey one though. Warning! I’ve warned you😂. Okay, let’s go! 

~

My Undergrad project supervisor, Dr. Akoja, called for a meeting with all her supervisees. I really went in for this meeting as a normal person. 

Halfway through the meeting, my stomach started protesting. I rolled my eyes (of course internally) and ignored it. 

However, I knew it was serious when I started sweating and getting uncomfortable; the stomach upset was getting worse. From the pain and discomfort, I knew it was gonna be a diarrhea poop, you know what I mean?🫠  That kind you can’t hold in. Oh my days🤦🏽‍♀️😂. 

This meant only one thing, I had to ask to be excused. So, with a stifled but put-together voice, I begged my supervisor to excuse me. She said she was rounding up already, and I should just wait a bit.

I did wait, until I could no longer wait. I also could not tell her the reason I wanted to leave. Why? It was an embarrassing situation and there were prying eyes. Remember that it was a meeting. So, I summoned courage, or rather, the discomfort pushed me to ask to be excused again. Thankfully, this time, she let me go. 

Expectedly, I rushed out. I couldn’t use one of the faculty’s toilets because of the nature of the poop, and I also did not like using those smelly toilets😭. 

Thus, my hostel’s toilet was the best bet. 

Agitated, I started walking to my hostel under Babcock’s hot sun which only compounded the issue. I really wanted to take a keke maruwa (tricycle), but you never seem to find them when you really need them. Sigh. 

I finally got to my hostel, and ran to the toilet. If you know Nyberg hall, you’d probably know that the toilets are shared; two rooms to one toilet. And all toilets are outside the rooms. 

Anyways, guess what greeted me when I opened the toilet? An army of ants. They were all over the floor.

Pause. 

Have you guys noticed this? Whenever you have a bathroom urgency, a signal that puts more pressure on the sense of urgency gets sent to your brain immediately you enter the toilet. There should definitely be a scientific term for this. 

This was exactly what happened to me. I couldn’t hold it in. So, I had to act like the ants weren’t there and did my business. I was still aware of them though, so I had to do everything at the speed of lightning. I didn’t want any ants to crawl up my legs. 

I couldn’t believe myself when I was done. The normal me would have screamed and gone to ask my roommates or a home keeper for help, but there was no room for panic. 

I never felt so relieved in my life, yet the ant experience made my skin crawl. 

That day was definitely more than a handful, please😭😂. 

~

Does this story have a moral lesson? Lol. I just wanted to gist you o. I hope I didn’t scar you too much🤣. 

Soooo, I’m committing to showing up every Saturday on Limitless, which is why I wrote this even though I didn’t feel like posting today. I really hope I keep up with posting as often as possible by God’s grace! Are you rooting for me or what?😌😁 Hehe. 

Thank you for always reading! Till we meet again❤️. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags