Are New Year Resolutions Overrated?


Welcome to Limitless! 

On Resolutions 

I promise to hit the gym every other day this year. I really need to keep fit. This is my new year resolution. Just kidding. It is unrealistic for me. I know I only hit the gym 3 or 4 times last year, so it is laughable to think I would be able to keep up with 4 days in the gym per week. But, is it actually possible? Of course, it is; as long as I don’t get tired mid year. 

Whatever thing(s) you’ve resolved to start doing this year, just make sure you have checks in place. Your checks could be a friend, siblings, your spouse, a reminder on your phone, or even the reality of things. For instance, if I decided I would be hitting the gym every other day because I feel unfit and have a lower back pain. Then, the reality of why I started in the first place, along with how I felt when I wasn’t doing it should set me on track. 

All I’m trying to say is remember the reason for the resolution whenever you seem to have discontinued the resolution. 

On Goals 

If I had a goal to make more money this year, it would just be smart of me to carve out the ways I plan on making the money right? Do I want to start a business, invest more, have an online class, or start a service? How do I intend on accomplishing them? Of course there is no need to rush, but have them at the back of your mind. I should not just vaguely write that I want to make more money without having a plan whether in my mind or in writing. 

It is also very important to have plans and goals. And I’m not saying this because I’m too much of a serious person🤣. Writing down plans just give you an edge over allowing life feed you with anything. Instead, you are in control of your decisions, because goals hang intently on decisions. 

Just in case you are about to reply me with “God is my plan”. Lol. Well, you still have a plan. Or maybe you are saying, “God’s plan is my plan”. If God’s plan is your plan, then, you definitely need to start seeking His face on the things he wants you to do this year. Your life should not be a riddle to you. 

On Prophecies 

God has given you specific instructions for the year, or maybe He has spoken to you through an anointed minister of God, you should prayerfully hold on to them. Make sure you do not forget or get tired mid year, in the event that they aren’t fulfilled yet. Scripture says, ”This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.“
‭‭Habakkuk‬ ‭2‬:‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/116/hab.2.3.NLT. 

I want you to trust and believe that whatever things God has said about you will come to manifestation. Just hold on to Him tightly, spend more time with Him, and enjoy your relationship with Him. 

To answer the title question- In my opinion, new year resolutions are not overrated. 

I really hope and pray you accomplish your goals and plans for this year. I’m rooting for you! 

~

Thank you so much for reading. Please drop your thoughts in the comment section, I sincerely always appreciate that. Till we meet again❤️





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags