In Defence of Ghosting


Welcome to Limitless! In case you are new here, we discuss real life issues, relationship, and enjoy some fiction on Limitless. Enjoy the ride❤️. 

Okay. Someone is already annoyed in advance and about to counter everything I say😂. Just calm down and stay with me. 

Let’s talk about ghosting. Please refer to my Ghosting  blogpost. I explained what ghosting means there. That post was more directed at people who had experienced or who are experiencing ghosting. Today, I’m facing the ghosters!

So, let’s peek into the heads of people who ghost and see what they were probably thinking. 

1. They are busy: 

This is the most common reason I’ve heard. “You know, my workplace is currently going through this accreditation thing, and it’s been so hectic”. They are too busy to reply you and end up replying your texts days, weeks, or even months after. They are either too busy with work, school, exams, ministry (for those doing talking stage with ministers😭). 

Some will carry on with the conversation like it’s normal, while some will act like they didn’t see your text and start with something like, “It’s been a while” or “I’ve missed you so much, how are you?” Some will completely act like y’all still texted 2 seconds ago. Understood. You are a busy person. 

Counter. 

Are you really busy, or the person you are meant to be responding to is not a priority? That is what I think though. If I’m in a talking stage and the same excuse I get every time is “I’ve been so busy”. I would just consider myself not a priority and trust me, it is a red flag for me. You were too busy that you didn’t respond to my text for a whole week? On this device that you use everyday? Come on. Okay, you were busy that once, but repeatedly? Again, come on. Am I the one who is jobless or who doesn’t have projects to complete too? If you really want to make time for someone, you would. You just don’t want to put effort in it. Please, being busy is a weak defence. 

2. Too lazy to text back: 

Some people will say they are not text persons, they would rather do calls. It is even more difficult when the person they are talking to doesn’t like calls, but would prefer texts. Some would say they get too overwhelmed by the numerous texts and just ignore everything. This point is a real issue. 

Counter. 

I believe relationships are about compromise. What traits are you willing to let go to get into a relationship? If you don’t like typing, thank God there is now the speech-to-text option, you could use that right? Better still, if the other person is okay with it, you could do voice notes. You can’t just keep saying you are lazy every time, what effort exactly are you willing to put in. 

3. Got distracted: 

Some people will argue that they just got distracted. They were about to text you back but another text came in and they couldn’t. Or some would say, they were about to text you and they had to do something else, so they forgot. 

Counter. 

Okay, I accept that you forgot/got distracted once, or maybe twice. But, repeatedly? It is a pattern boss, and I won’t allow it. Red 🚩 . 

4. Feel like they are catching feelings too fast: 

You’ve been talking to someone for a while, but you feel things are moving so fast. You also maybe feel like they aren’t reciprocating as they ought to. So, what route do you take? You stop replying their texts, do not pick their calls; you need some time to clear your head. 

Counter. 

I do not have a counter to this. What do you guys think would be an alternative response to catching feelings too fast? Let me know in the comment section. 

Thank you for reading! Till we meet again❤️. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags