What does Rivers of Living Water mean?


Welcome to Limitless! I hope you’ve been keeping well. Over here, I’ve just been trying my best to navigate this adulthood journey. Recently, I went on a vacation which I had a really splendid time on. It turned out to be longer than I had planned by the time I got home because I became “really” sick… I’m grateful for life.

~

Enough of me.

~

Have you heard this song yet? “Out of my Belly shall flow rivers, rivers of living water iya iya e” by Prospa Ochimana. I started singing that song this evening and it dawned on me that I hadn’t fully understood the lyrics yet. Great and pure melodious worship music. But, if I am to worship God with it, I have to understand it, digest it, and fix my eyes on Him based on the lyrics; worshipping Him in truth. 

~

So, I dug into Scripture: John Chapter 7 specifically. The 37th verse says “…Jesus stood, cried and said, if any man thirst, let him come unto me and drink”. 38 says “He that believeth on me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water”. 

~

Then, the Bible in 39 explains that by “living water”, Jesus meant the Spirit: the Holy Spirit. 

So, we can establish that The Living Water=The Holy Spirit. 

~

As Jesus has already been glorified (which was a condition in verse 39), and you receive and believe him, it means that you have the Holy Spirit in you. 

~

How then can the Holy Spirit flow out of you? In rivers?

~

First, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in you. Check them out again in Galatians 5:22. LOVE, joy, peace, long suffering(patience), gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance(self-control). If you have Jesus in you, it will show in your character.

~

Secondly, but not exhaustively, you will operate in the gifts of the Spirit. Apostle Paul in 1Corinthians 12:31a tells us to covet earnestly the best gifts. There are diversities. Ask, wait and drink. 

~

You really just have to go to him, drink, and you will never thirst again. 

~

What does drinking and never thirsting again even mean? It means once the Holy Spirit dwells richly in you, you basically have all you need. He satisfies. You don’t have to look for any other thing or person to fill the void in you anymore. He becomes enough. 

~

So, when you have the Holy Spirit, why does Scripture say, RIVERS will flow? An overflow? It means you won’t be able to hide it, it will show on the outside. Literally, it will flow to the outside. 

So, we can see that the Spirit has the ability to overflow and touch people around us (family, friends, community, marketplace, body of Christ, nations). 

~

Conclusively, someone can benefit either from your fruits or/and your gifts. 

~

Let’s back this up with another scripture. John 4:14. When Jesus was talking to the Samaritan woman, he says “but whosoever shall drink of the water shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be a well of water SPRINGING UP into everlasting life. 


Can you see that we are promised something in that verse? The well of water in us can also spring up to everlasting life, which is eternity with Christ Jesus. 

~

Just in case you are reading this, and you are finding it hard to walk in the fruits of the Spirit, I pray that the Holy Spirit himself will help, teach and guide you through it. 

~

If you’ve been waiting on God for gifts or a particular gift, there is an outpour upon you right now, receive it.

If you do not even know what I’m talking about at all, maybe you’ve heard just bits and pieces here and there, you do not know who Jesus truly is. Let me tell you! 

~

Jesus Christ is the son of the God who created heaven and the earth you are living in. He wants to have a relationship with you๐Ÿซต๐Ÿพ. Stop running, stop hiding. He’s calling you. Let him love you, direct you, talk to you, guide you and nurture you. He does these and much more for me. You just have to believe that he died, was buried and rose to save you, then, accept him as the Lord over your life, and say it out loud. That’s it! 

~

Welcome to the family. Feel free to reach out to me on my Instagram @ji_rola at anytime. 

~

Thank you so much for reading guys! I just thought to share this bit of the things I learnt today. I hope you were enlightened. 

~

Till we meet again.❤️

Comments

  1. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘♥️
    Thank you for this piece. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Amen! Thank you so much for reading!๐Ÿฅน❤️

      Delete
  2. Your writing is as delightful as ever. You came across my mind. It's been a while, and it's so nice to see you keep a blog.

    So many scriptures? That evolution is intriguing. Glad to see you're okay, Morolake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! This means a lot, I appreciate your kind words. Now, I’m curious, who are you?๐Ÿค”

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags