The Adulthood Facade

Image from stormseeker on Unsplash 


Welcome to Limitless!

~

I doff my hat to we “up and coming” adults. Camera-ready smiles aside; personally, these past months have been so tough on me emotionally. I can’t even count the number of breakdowns and random bathroom tears I’ve had. 

I was standing at a bus-stop one sunny day, and I saw a young lady walking by, literally about to burst into tears. It disappeared at the speed of lightning when she noticed I was staring. 

I low-key wished I could give her a big hug regardless of the fact that her expression mirrored exactly how I was feeling, and I didn’t even have my own self together. 

It hurt me a lot to know that so many young adults might be bottling their emotions with a happy “I’m okay” facade. Maybe I was a bit lucky that I had some friends who I could blatantly tell that I wasn’t fine when they asked how I was. I remember telling one of my friends to ask me again in September🤣. How bizarre? 


This adulthood really comes with so much fears, confusion, doubts, and of course, tears (for crybabies like me🥴😂). 


Just knowing that at the end of the day, it’s just you and your little head in your corner is enough to make you think (I feel like I say this a lot🤣). 


I talk to my friends back home and they tell me about ASUU strike and how they don’t even have an idea of when they will graduate. I seriously try to imagine what they are going through and how they feel presently; it hurts a lot, to say the least. 


I talk to some and they just tell me how tired they are either because of their jobs, school, plans, family, or relationships. Then, as if these issues aren’t enough, Nigeria adds its own wahala, frustrating everyone both home and abroad. 

Sigh. 


This is just to acknowledge every single adult going through a tough phase at this time. You are really not alone. 


I’m earnestly praying God grants you the strength to go through this phase and come out with testimonies. I know it can be so tough, but please don’t let intrusive thoughts win. You are doing a great job and you are a work in progress. God is definitely perfecting everything that concerns you. 


I’m loudly rooting for you❤️.


Meanwhile, I’m back in your faces with full force🤪. I really hope you stay glued to this blog. Thanks for always reading. As always, I love you!✨

Comments

  1. Feels good to know we are not alone and it’s good to have you back ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing that I’m gradually becoming an adult is sometimes depressing 🥺. It comes with a lot of struggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. God gat us though. 👌🏽

      Delete
  3. How sweet, I feel so relieved 🥺
    Everyone has something bothering them but God gat us😊
    We'd continually cast all our cares on Him. Thank you for this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Panic of growing older 🙁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags