How to Shoot your Shot- Part 1

Image from Possessed Photography on Unsplash

This is a masterclass people!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Okay, maybe a prelude to the masterclass. 

Welcome back to Limitless! This is the first part of the 'How to Shoot your Shot' series. Today, 5 ladies share the best and worst shots they've ever gotten from a guy. 

Shooting a shot means wooing (toasting) someone. It can also be described as a romantic advance. So, we are shaking some tables today. 

—————

Lady S. 

The worst one so far was from one guy at church. My sister says it's a shot, but to me, I'm just like 'nah', there was no effort at all. 

So, we were having a church unit meeting after service. I was seated at the back, so he came to sit next to me. After a while, this guy was like "Erhmm S.."

I turned to look at him. In my mind, I'm wondering maybe he wants to say or ask something because he came late for the meeting. 

Then, he is like, "I like you". At that point, I was confused because I did not know what I was meant to say, so, I was quiet for a few seconds. 

In my mind, I was like let me not just cut him off. So, I said "thank you". He didn't say anything for a while. Then, after some time, he said "ahnahnn, is that what you will say". I turned and said "what should I say, I don't know what I'm meant to say. It was sha awkward for a while. 

I can't remember my best shot but the worst was just so somehow. The guy no try, he didn't even build friendship first, it was weird. 

My comment- The “thank you” is still cracking me up๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. But then, what could you have said? People need to understand that you can't just say you like someone from void. 

Saying you like someone is saying "I know enough about you to like you". You don't even know this person, you've not tried to have a conversation, you just came from nowhere. 

I admire his courage though. It must have taken some real guts to say his mind. But, there are just better ways he could have gone about it. 


Lady N. 

I was walking down the street on a particular day and this guy approached me saying he likes how I "catwalk", amongst other nonsense he said. The word was a turn off. Who says that in this age and time. Never had a good shot from a guy. 

My comment- Number one, the guy is a big comedian. It shows that he is just one of these unserious street boys. You can compliment the way someone walks without making it sound annoying, that the person would even thank you with a smile. Another weak shot, people!


Lady B. 

I was at the club, so, this guy came to meet me. We started talking and he asked for my name. I told him my name. Then, he proceeded to ask for my number. I told him I can't give him my contact. Then, he airdropped a photo asking for my number with his on it. Of course, I ignored it. It was the worst shot for me because I was not expecting it. 

I've received many advances that I consider really good shots. Let me tell you one. We were on a movie date when this guy shot his shot.  He went on with all the "I love you so much and I love everything about you. I wish I can spend the rest of my life with you darling..." It was so romantic.

My comment- In response to your worst, hmm. Though, I don't know what you guys talked about, but starting a conversation is a a very good starting place before asking for someone's number. 

I wouldn't really consider it a weak shot, but then, I don't know what you guys talked about. I think a person's heart also factors in these things. If you were in a serious relationship, for example, of course, there would have been some stalling. 

Now, in response to your best shot, all I can say is awwwwwww! I love that for you, honestly. You don't deserve anything less. 


Lady L. 

The worst I can ever think of was from this guy I met at a family friend's wedding, and I thought maybe you know, he was the deal. 

Why I would classify his as the worst is, how would you say you like somebody, but you are not ready for a relationship? You also want the whole romance to be there but you are not ready to define the relationship. 

To me, that's the worst thing that any man can say to a girl. That means you are indecisive. You don't know what you want for yourself, then you start claiming that money is the reason you do not want to go into a relationship yet. 

Nobody has money, and nobody is talking about marriage. Like this is a relationship, let's just enjoy each other's company. Again, that's the worst thing any guy can say to a girl, "I like you, but I don't want to start a relationship with you." That means you are not ready for a relationship. So, what do you want with the girl? Decide what you want. 

The best thing a guy ever said to me but still ended up in the drain was from a guy I met at my cousin's wedding. He asked me out the following day, we dated for four months and then we broke up because of distance. 

He was a goal getter who knew what he wanted. He stated everything he wanted from me up to the point of marriage, to kids, to my life in the nearest future. He had his life planned ahead for the next 5/6 years. That was the best thing a guy had ever said to me, that was what I wanted in a guy and I found it, but distance broke us.  

My comment- I totally agree with your thoughts on your worst advance. It's very annoying to state you like someone while you are not ready for a relationship, especially when you know they want a relationship. What's the point of telling them in the first place? You are leading them on, and that makes you a RED FLAG. 

Meanwhile, I'm so sorry your relationship didn't go well. Life can be rocky. You find what you want, and, BOOM, you guys can't be a reason for one reason or the other. 


Lady A. 

Omo, dem never really shoot shot at me if I'm being honest. (Translation: Guy, no one has ever really shot a shot at me). The common one is just "I've seen your face somewhere". 

No one has ever used a line that will make 'em flip my head like wowwww. I have seen some crazy ass compliments from my ex like "God decided to rest on the seventh day because He knew he needed his strength and full power to create perfection like you on the eighth day"

My comment- That “I’ve seen your face somewhere” line is very funny to me๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Oga, if you want to talk to me, talk to me with your full chest. It could be a good start for some people though. 

As for that second one, is it just me that does not understand that line? Or am I missing something? Lol. It might have sounded so sweet if you were in love though. 

------------------


A huge thanks to everyone that shared their experiences. I do not take it for granted at all. 

One thing is certain though, some men are really bad at shooting their shot. So, next week, I will be giving tips on shooting your shot without missing. 

You can share the worst and best shots you've received also in the comment section. Don't air me abeg

Thanks for reading guys, I truly appreciate it. See you on this block next week. Bye!


Comments

  1. Lady B's "good shot" isn't even one. Evidently, she likes the dude, accepted his invite to go on a movie date. She should have shared how the dude asked her out in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s probably how he asked her to be his girlfriend.

      Delete
  2. Tell the ladies to tell you when they shot their shot and let's know of its easy ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Factssss๐Ÿ˜‚. The thing no to easy like that. That’s what we will be talking about next week though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags