Protecting your Space in 2022

Photo from Unsplash

Happy new year guys!!! I hope you had a good holiday. I had a great one actually, although, it was entirely different from the end of the year season I’ve been used to. There was no killing of chicken or pounded yam😑. Nonetheless, it was really nice for me. I took time to rest and reflect on the past year. 

Anywayyyy!!! I’m so happy you made it to 2022!! I really hope you make the best out of it and have a great year. I’m so rooting for you this year! 

Now, I don’t want to get your hopes high and tell you life will be all rosy this year. To be honest, there would always be a hurdle. However, how we decide to cross it is entirely left in our hands. 

Would you step back from the hurdle, get stuck, or cross it? 

There would be people who would try to leave their marks of negativity on you. They would drop subtle snide remarks that leaves you feeling bad. 

It might not even be personal. It could be what you watch and see on social media platforms. Instagram posts, snaps, WhatsApp status, and the likes. 

Last year, I was really intent on cleaning out my media space. I made sure I deleted contacts and unfollowed Instagram pages that made me feel uncomfortable. It was just about protecting my space. 

This year, I want us to be really intentional about protecting our spaces. Our mental and physical well-beings that is. 

Sometimes, we forget to pay attention to ourselves. 

We forget that in the end, it’s just we and our heads in our little corners. 

There are just 2 ways I want us to protect our spaces in 2021! 

1. Put yourself first
I know you’ve probably heard this one thousand times now, but I think, most times, we are all talk and no action. You have to take this decision first before you can protect your space. You have to be able to face the truth when something is making you uncomfortable. 

Look, there are some situations that demand just keeping quiet and watching, but there are some that you have to confront, either with your words or action. When you don’t respond, you are simply telling the person that it’s okay to walk all over you and feed you with their negativity. 

Also, you have to put your well-being first. I know we get so busy and we don’t even have enough time for ourselves, but sometimes, you’ve gotta slow down. 

Take time to rest. This might be difficult to do especially if you have a lot on your plate but it’s not something impossible.
Eat healthy meals, fruits, and vegetables. Feed your body well since it’s serving you so much. 
We owe our bodies that much. 

2. Guard your mind 
There are a lot of things that go into our minds and we don’t even notice. You have to be very careful because before you know it, some thoughts are already sneaking into your head and you start to wonder where they stemmed from. 

Block the negativity. Tune it out. Don’t let anyone’s bad vibes rub off on you. Don’t let their negative words get to you. Don’t let them make you feel so uncomfortable that it becomes unsettling. 

If it will take confronting them, unfollowing, blocking, or just tuning out. Do it.  
Also, don’t let anyone make you feel like you aren’t enough, don’t let anyone pressure you. Remember that post on the pressure to succeed? You should read it again. 

When life gets tough this year and you feel you aren’t enough, remember you are doing your best and you are so loved. 

Also,  don’t forget to save your money and invest too. My friend, Femi Olaniyan, makes very good content on financial productivity. You can check him out on YouTube. 

I care about you and I wish you all the best this year. Thanks so much for reading and staying till the end. I truly appreciate that. 

Have a great year folks. 

Till we meet again.❤️

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags