Tingles (2)




Welcome to Limitless. This is the second part of Tingles.


He was looking as gorgeous as ever. I hated that he still made me feel the same way. I felt a twinge in my chest at the sight before me. He had in his arms a little girl who had a big smile on her cute face. Then, he held the door open for a lady who threw her head back and laughed at something he said as she entered. Her laughter revealed a nice set of teeth and dimples. The little girl joined in laughing and his eyes crinkled as he grinned too looking at them.
I smiled sadly. 

The grace he walked with could not be missed. He had become taller and huge. The last time I saw him was that day
He looked around the restaurant as if looking for a waiter. But his eyes landed on me. Huh? What’s that look? Is that pain I see? Definitely not. I cleared my throat hoping the lump in my chest would leave too. 

I lifted the wine to my lips again and gulped heavily hoping my heart would stop being such a nuisance. It was beating so fast and my body was slightly shaking. Bravo, Dide. Not someone from the past having so much effect on you. I snickered to myself. 

“Isn’t that Wale, the idiot that broke Dee’s heart? Tsk tsk. He has a baby now?” Tinu asked. 
“Who exactly are you asking because I didn’t know too. The last time I saw him was in uni.” Remi answered
“Wait, so, is that a babymama? I definitely didn’t hear him getting married or anything”, Alia said. 

I suddenly lost appetite for the food before me and just kept swirling the red liquid in my cup. I looked up and they were staring, as if waiting for me to talk.
“It’s really none of my business”. I shrugged. “I don’t know anything about it. I’ve not seen nor talked to him in a while”, They gave me sympathetic looks.

“Girll. Do you want us to leave this place. I’m not comfortable with being in the same environment with this guy”, Alia said and I nodded.
“Yes, since we are all done, let’s just leave”, Remi said.
“Wait, let me finish my juice” Tinu said. Leave it to her to always want to finish every drop of her money. 

We finished up and walked out of the restaurant. The cool breeze of the night hit me as soon as I stepped out. I hugged the three of them. “I’m sorry we had to leave like that because of me”, I said. 
“What? It’s not you. Besides, we’ve been out for long already”, Remi said. 
I nodded. “Thanks girls. See you soon”. We hugged again and I watched them get into their cars. I got into mine too and drove off. 

"Hey sis" My younger brother greeted as soon as i entered the living room. "Mum said you should see her when you get back". He was busy with his iPad while watching Tv at the same time. 
"If she wants to talk about marriage, let her count me out. She was still single at my age. I would see her in the morning", I said.

She was still hustling then, according to her. It was in the process that she found my dad. Then, they became business partners. They now have their own multi-billion dollar company with branches all around the nation.

I walked into my room, threw my purse on my dresser and jumped on my bed. I laughed hysterically into my pillow as I remembered who I saw today. The one who took my heart, squeezed it, shattered it and thrashed it like dirt. 

Have I been lying to myself all this while thinking his presence wouldn't matter anymore? I thought I did so well in burying everything that had to do with him. I even blocked him on all social media when we broke up. Just to get over him. 

I allowed myself to start drifting to sleep but it was cut short by my phone’s ringtone. I stood up, rubbed my eyes and searched my purse. 
“Hello, Dideolu speaking. How may I help you?”, I said with my professional tone since it was an unknown number. 
“Hey Dee. It’s me, Wale”
“Look, if you are here to turn my life upside down, just- ”
“Can you please just listen to me”, he said softly, “please, I really want us to talk”, he said. 



Thanks for reading guys. Kindly check back next Saturday for another episode. Till then, bye.

                

Comments

  1. Saturday is too farrrrrrr😣😣😣😣

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope it will be next Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s the “Wait, let me finish my juice” for me🤣🤣. Amazing story👏🏼, I can’t wait for next episode😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She must finish every drop🤣.
      Thanks so much🤩
      Coming soon❤️

      Delete
  4. Next episode already 🥺 You're such a great writer! 🙌♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy, my ego might explode.😂
      🥺Thanks so much❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  5. Mehnnn I would’ve screamed that Saturday is far but thank God I didn’t it earlier and now today is Saturday ������ please what time should the next episode be expected?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you’re talking about Tingles, the next part will be out next week.😑
      A new story is out now though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags