Good deeds

 


Welcome to Limitless! 

While I was in the university, I was in a particular hall of residence that the porters and hall administrator used to dash students demerit points anyhow. 

Demerit points are points you get when you break a rule. For instance, if you are caught playing very loud secular music on Sabbath day, you would be given 20 demerit points. You get the idea? 

Adding to that, if you get up to 60 demerit points, you’d face the hall disciplinary panel. Forty (40) was even the maximum in that hall. (Shaking my head๐Ÿ™„)


So, there was this time I stabbed a day in spirikoko (spiritual week of prayer). That’s 20 demerit points because I didn’t sign. Again, in that particular hall, it’s two weeks you would use to clear 20 points.*rolls eyes again*. Meanwhile, it’s just two days in some other halls. 

Well, they gave me bathroom duty๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ˜‚. Public bathroom o. I was already thinking of my life and why I came to the stupid hall. One dead voice in my head was shouting “you go scrub scrub, you go tire”. 


Fortunately, there was this home keeper that was in charge of cleaning my block. She just told me that she will be helping me to clean it, I should just be signing. Guyyyy!! Do you know how happy I was? She saved my head.๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜‚ 


That act really hit deep because if it was another home keeper, they could have been like “all these rude students, let them even wash the bathroom small too, I cannot come and kill myself”. You know what I mean? I don’t blame them too though. 

 I can never forget that not so little act. It meant a lot. I thanked her profusely and at the end of the two weeks, she said something that drew me back. I was still thanking her when she told me that she just did it from her heart. She said her daughter was in the university too and she prays she finds favor too where she is. I said amen and I said a silent prayer in my heart for her daughter. 

I’ve been thinking about that act a lot lately and so many things like that have happened to me or even you. Recently, I’ve been trying to be more open and nicer because the truth is, there is this satisfaction and peace that comes from being nice or doing good. 

I’m putting it to us now that let’s be a bit nicer and help more if it’s within our capacity. It will really go a long way. 

Till next Saturday, bye.❤️

Comments

  1. This home keeper is one in a million

    ReplyDelete
  2. That home keeper is nice o, omoooo
    Wait, Queen Esther hall?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww the home keeper is really nice. Her daughter will definitely find favor in her school

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags