Feyinti: The Finale



Welcome to Limitless! This is the final episode of the Feyinti Series. 


Did I hear right? Did I just hear this guy say baby? I closed my eyes and calmed myself. 

“How are you doing?” he asked again much to my annoyance. “How am I doing? Are you really asking how I’m doing after the stunt you pulled? Make it make sense Jide,” I started to wonder what game he was trying to play. “Care to explain what you posted on your WhatsApp status?” I spat out. 

Then, he answered, “Oh, what did you see?” At that point, it was like cold water and fire right in my chest and belly. I was getting really infuriated. “Are you seriously playing dumb right now? Was it your ghost that posted happy 20 years anniversary or whatever?” 

“You are exaggerating! It’s just 6 months. It’s not like I deprived you of love or anything you wanted during those 6 months. I mean, you didn’t exactly notice. So, why are you so pressed?” Immediately Wunmi heard this because the phone was on loudspeaker, she just put her hands on her head and mouthed ‘this boy is nuts’. 

“Your manipulative self is slowly trying to make this my fault. I wasn’t the one that cheated and hid a whole other relationship for six months. So, you didn’t even respect me enough to tell me about it,” I said to him. “Why must I?” he answered, “I see no reason why you should poke your nose in my other love affairs”. 

Huh? At that point, I laughed out loud. This boy was desperately trying to get on my nerves and he was succeeding. Things were not always like this with him. I don’t know what made him turn out like this but I felt like I was talking to a stranger. Were we even in a relationship at all? I mean, why would he be so intentional about hurting me? This has to be a prank. 

 “It’s not like we haven’t discussed about loyalty and cheating before. If you were in love with another person, you could have told me and I would have walked out gently instead of making a fool of me and hurting me like this,” I said on top of my voice, “Why on earth did you even deny when I asked you three weeks ago? Why did you lie and use a supposedly ‘nice’ act to cover this whole facade up?” I saw Wunmi nod at me while chatting with someone on her phone. He could have just come clean when I asked him. It was like he was planning and waiting to hurt me aggressively like this. Or did I offend this boy? 

“The truth is, not blocking you from seeing that status update was intentional. I wanted you to see it and breakup with me. To be honest, I’ve been tired of this relationship. I just wanted to get out. I’m no longer down for this long-distance thingy,” he said shamelessly. How did I not notice how extremely annoying this boy is? 


“Are you freaking kidding me?! That’s a cowardly and weak move! All these bants you are yarning are just so low. You were tired and you could not talk? Who was I to you in the first place, did you even consider me as your girlfriend anymore? Apparently not. So, the easiest way you could let me know was to hurt me? Did I offend you?  Who on earth does that?” I rushed out. ‘Exactly’, Wunmi mouthed while snapping her fingers and pointing at me. 


“Look, if that’s how you see it, then, it is what it is. You didn’t offend me. It has happened so get over it. Sorry though,” he answered sharply with no hint of remorse in his voice. The sorry sounded almost sarcastic. I shook my head and laughed bitterly again. This boy is definitely nuts.


“Alright, but, never forget that whatever goes around comes around. This is fun for you right now but remember, karma is always looming and waiting for its next candidate. Bye Jide,” I hung up and blocked his number right away.


“I’m so sorry you had to go through that. A babygirl like you deserves the world. Just so you know, none of these is your fault. Jide is just a retard who chose to handle this childishly. Besides, the relationship was bound to end any time soon, since you were no longer feeling it. I’m happy you enjoyed it while it lasted though,” Wunmi said while trying to pull me into a hug. 


I just shrugged, laughed and held out my hands blocking her. “I’m fine, it’s over. I’m way better than I was before the call. At least, I’ve cleared my mind. I’m not going to let this take any sort of toll on me than it has anymore. Can we go see that movie now?” If anything, I was starting to feel numb and I was grateful for having such a great friend stand by me. Feels good to know the whole world isn’t against me. I loved how she didn’t let me drown in sorrow or anything. Her bubbly nature always gingered me. 

“Yassss girl! Go freshen up, let me head home to change too,” she said, smiling and walking out of my room. 


So, I quickly had a shower, threw on my emerald green biker shorts, a plain white tee and a pair of black slides. I looked at my face in the mirror and saw that my eyes were swollen, so, I quickly wore a black face cap. 

I picked my phone to call Wunmi again. “I’m ready, are you?” I asked. Then, she replied, “Oh no! I’m sorry b, something just came up. Can you head on to the Cinema, I would meet you there in 20,” she rushed out a bit louder and shaky than usual. “Okay then,” I answered. I just hope this girl is not up to something again. 


A handsome smile showcasing a nice set of teeth was the first thing that greeted me when I got to the cinema. My heart did a flip flop immediately he started walking towards me. He was in a blue jean trousers and a black tshirt that outlined his arm muscles and wide chest showing the bulges. I think he just had a haircut. Dang! This guy is so fine and yummy. He was at least two heads taller than me. I had time to really check him out since we were not at work. Just when I was about to get lost in my thoughts, a message notification from Wunmi popped on and it read, ‘enjoy your time with Mr Hot!๐Ÿ˜‰ Bye!’


This sly creature is at it again, how on earth did she get to know Alex? 

From the corner of my eye, I saw white sneakers and I slowly looked up to see the most intoxicating pair of eyes staring at me with a smile. 

“Hello Feyinti” came the now familiar husky voice. The tone nearly made my knees drop. 


“I didn’t know you were friends with Wunmi Agbaje, we were just talking about work and I mentioned you, then, she told me to meet her here. I just saw her text to keep you ‘company’ now,” he said softly. I was totally smitten. I started to wonder what he told Wunmi about me for her to set this up because she knows me better than anyone else. 


“Have you been crying, your eyes are swollen,” the light in the reception was very bright so, he could see my face clearly. I quickly looked down and pulled my face cap lower to hide my face.  


“Oh no, I just woke up...” I said nervously while looking away. He chuckled and said, “you don’t have to lie to me Feyinti, we are friends for goodness sake!” Then, he engulfed me in a hug. What? I totally wasn’t expecting that, my heart wasn’t too, because it was in a frenzy. If I thought my heart skipped a beat the first time I saw him, it was nothing compared to how it was thudding heavily right now. A wave of warmth hit me at the same time washing away all nervousness, anger and sadness. How could just one hug have so much effect on me? 


All sorts of emotions were running through me. Gosh, I loved his scent so much that I couldn’t pull away. It took eternity to gather my wits and pull out of the hug. I whispered a small ‘thank you’ still reeling from the sensation of his incredible body engulfing mine. I was nothing but grateful for that small but weighty act. 


He smiled and held my hands while pulling me towards the counter to get our popcorn and tickets. I looked at our linked hands, and for the first time that day, I smiled genuinely. 


Amazing how life works. One trash gets pushed out and a gift replaces it. I should really take things slowly and see where this leads but I’m sure going to enjoy every bit while it lasts. 




Anddd it’s a wrap!!! Thanks my lovelies for staying this long. I am very grateful.

What would you have done if you were in Feyinti’s shoes when Jide reacted that way? Kindly drop your comment and don’t forget to check back next Saturday for another refreshing episode. 

Till then, bye.❤️





Comments

  1. Crazzyyy�� Jide is a scum tbh, one door of opportunity closes and another opens up ����, Feyinti no dey waste time sha. Thanks for this amazing piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big scum!๐Ÿ˜ญ. Thanks so much for reading.❤️❤️✨

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Feyinti on her break-up with a goat. Feyinti deserves to be happy with or without Jide.

    Welldone dear sis, I love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags