Feyinti’s Dilemma




Welcome to Limitless! 
The story you are about to read is fiction. Enjoy❤️

I closed my eyes and stood with my hands wrapped around my stomach. The cold shower was doing a good job in keeping my mind engaged. Memories of when I first met him started playing out. I still remember it like yesterday. He was a new student in my secondary school. 
I had heard of a new student being in school the day before and how girls were fawning over him but I paid no attention.

Seeing him on the assembly ground the next day made all sorts of feelings start running through me. Immediately our eyes met, I felt a very loud thump in my chest. My heart was racing and I could feel my palms getting colder. I had never felt that way towards any guy. He was wearing jean trousers, a white t-shirt and a red jacket because he had not yet collected his uniform. He was so handsome, in fact, the most handsome boy I had ever seen. I had to take my eyes off him when I saw that he caught me staring again. 

We were in SSS1 at the time, he was in Commercial department while I was in Science. It was during break or when we had a combined class we used to see but we never talked to each other. We were always staring though. I remember the first day we talked, it was during an English lesson, my teacher told us to do a class work together. The way my heart was beating so fast was still so fresh in my mind. 

After the lesson, we talked and he was so fun to talk with. He told me his name, Jide Smith. I loved the tone and gentleness of his voice. Looking into his eyes was the hardest thing to do because I always got lost in it. Things gradually turned into him coming to my class to talk to me and me doing the same. My best friend was already suspecting me at that point. 

I smiled as I remembered when she first confronted me about it and I said “me, Feyinti Abolarin! Why’d you even think I like him? We are just friends!” It turned out she was right because when we got to SS2, I and Jide started dating. It was so sweet and innocent. He asked me to be his girlfriend one Sunday afternoon when he called me out of my hostel. I thought he was joking at first. I finally agreed to be his and we both started laughing and jumping up and down. It was so cute and innocent then. Young love. Easy, simple and sweet. 

My roommate’s uneasy voice brought me out of my thoughts.  “Feyintiiii! Do you want to sleep in the bathroom?” She shouted. Oops! I guess I’ve been in the shower for too long. 
I was now in 300 level, we were in the second semester already, writing exams. 

Jide and I were still in a relationship, it hasn’t been so easy because it was long distance. We were in different universities, but, we’ve been keeping in touch. When we first got in, we always called each other everyday. It gradually reduced to twice a week. We always did a video call at least once every week too. 

The love and connection was still there but I was beginning to get tired. It’s not as if other guys don’t ask me out, it’s just been a personal decision to stick with Jide. I’ve been seeing pictures of him and a particular girl on his WhatsApp status bur I always choose to ignore. I mean, they could be just friends. 

I’ve finally summoned courage to ask him today. I picked my phone and dialed his number, greeted him and asked him about it. He completely avoided the question and said it was nothing that the girl is just his course mate turned friend. “Jide, this girl is just your friend but you guys do couple goals on your status.” I said. He laughed out and asked me what I was scared of, assuring me that there was nothing between them. He reassured me of the love he had for me and how far we had come. I sighed heavily and just let it slide. 

Exams were finally over. My school and Jide’s were not using the same calendar, so, they were just starting their own second semester. I went to his school to greet him. We spent a whole day together. Everything just felt like the first time we met again. It was satisfying. 

We talked, laughed and ate together. He was studying Business Administration while I was studying Computer Engineering. We shared different experiences while enjoying each other’s company. I was so happy and over the moon. It was cut short when I had to go back to school in order to return home the next day. 

I started my internship at an Information Technology firm the following week. I wasn’t prepared for what I was about to experience. The workers there had told me another intern was to resume the next day. I was able to answer all the questions thrown at me well and give my best service. I also got acquainted with the workers there. My first day went smoothly. I was spent by the time I got home so, I was not able to call Jide. 

The next day, I carried on the duty allotted to me. I was in the middle of launching a software when I saw a manly figure walking briskly towards the desk opposite mine. I raised my head up and first thought I was looking at a model. Boy! This guy was hot! I could not really see his eyes behind the sun glasses but he was so tall. I kept looking at his broad shoulders and well-built body. Jordan Calloway had nothing on him! Whatttt!!! Am I dreaming? 

I mean, maybe he came to see the manager or something. Immediately, I heard the worker whose desk was beside mine saying that was the new intern. I was just too frozen to reply them. I heard bits and pieces of what she was saying though. It appears that he was done with his university education and wanted to start working there before the national youth service. 

I carried on with my work, the day went by quickly and it was time to leave. I was already getting scared as I saw the clouds getting darker and the breeze get colder. 

As I stepped out, it began to drizzle. I saw him pass by me and enter his car. I was still standing at the entrance waiting for the rain to reduce a little bit. I heard the car honk and wondered why. Then, he rolled down his window and waved his hand signifying that I should come in. 

Getting into that car was the beginning of my love dilemma. TO BE CONTINUED. 

I hope you guys enjoyed it. Don’t forget to check back next Saturday for the second part of this story. Meanwhile, what do you think Feyinti will do? Do you think she would fall for  the other intern or she would stick with Jide? 

Comments

  1. Wahala for Jide oπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of sight, out of mind, Jide is in OYO abeg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww��

    Well, this new guy that is already causing her to cease breathing sha, I don't trust anybody o.
    Make Jide no vex in advance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahala oooo
    Feyin just dey fall in love anyhow πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    But abeg make she follow this new bobo, make Jide shift front πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omooooo
    Two things are involved. Feyin might decide to enjoy the moment. After all, she's not so sure if Jide is loyal or not. Who knows if shes the ambassador of loyal milk too. Next episode plix😌😌

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loya milk?πŸ’”πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
      Next episode coming upπŸ˜πŸ’•

      Delete
  6. Lo bat an bayii 😩😩 feyin don see another bobo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahala dey ohhhπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags