5 ways to get over a breakup



 Hello and welcome to Limitless! I hope your weekend is going well. 

A couple of weeks ago, I deemed it fit to throw an open question on how to get over a breakup. Thankfully, some people who have been through it revealed how they got over theirs. Thus, I took bits and pieces from that plus what I’ve seen to be able to deliver this to you. I’m telling you this so you won’t think these tips are far fetched or have never happened. 

Meanwhile, everyone is wired differently. What works for me might not work for you. We all have diverse ways we react to handle situations. Nevertheless, I’m very sure at least 3 of these tips will be able to help you get over a breakup. 

1. Channel your mind towards something else


This simply means taking your mind off them and focusing on something else. You might want to ask me how? It could be starting that business you’ve been saying you’d start but you’ve not. It could be spending more time on your hobbies- writing, drawing, knitting and so on. It could also be catching up with your friends if you’ve been missing hangouts with them. Focus on yourself, use the time to catch up with things you’ve been missing out on. Don’t think too much!

2. Listen to music, watch movies or read books

I would suggest that you don’t listen to slow songs. This is because they would only bring back memories! It’s okay to cry for three days but after crying, what next? We moveeeee!! You could also binge watch on your favorite series or read books if you prefer books to movies. Playing games could work too if you are a fan of games. 

3. Delete their numbers for the meantime

Calm down, I know you are about to fire me with questions.๐Ÿ˜‚ There are different types of breakup. It could have ended on a good note, for instance, you guys are not compatible, so, you broke up, agreed to be friends and there are no hard feelings. This does not require you deleting their number. On the other hand, it could have ended on a very bad note, for instance, you broke things off because the other person cheated. This is just an example of a kind of situation that can summon you deleting their phone numbers for the meantime.

The first reason is so that you won’t be tempted to call them. Secondly, it is to help you take time from being involved in their business. If I ended things on a bad note with someone, I wouldn’t want to be seeing the person’s WhatsApp status for the meantime because one spirit can enter me to reply๐Ÿ˜‚ and I know I would regret it. God should now save you, the person should leave your message pending.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. E don happen.๐Ÿ˜‚  So, deleting their number is just you taking time to heal and get over them. Of course, you can save it again later on! 

4. Try to forgive the person

There are some people that never apologize. You’d be pointing out how wrong they are and they would still not see the fault. Some even apologize but the deed has been done and it might still hurt. So, what do you do? Do you let the person live rent-free in your head or let it go? You just have to let go in order to cleanse your mind and move on. Sometimes, you don’t even have to wait for closure because you might end up waiting forever. This is why you just have to make up your mind to move on with your life. 

5. Spoil yourself! 

Helloooooo!!! Spend that last 2k on chicken and chips please. If you perish, you perish๐Ÿ˜‚. Pamper yourself. If you don’t have money, do online window shopping. Go to shopping websites and look at fine fine shoes and clothes you would love to buy. By the time you are done with looking at them, you’d have forgotten that you just broke up!๐Ÿคฃ It could also be skincare, that skin goals you’ve been trying to achieve, start the routine! 

Bonus: Pray about it 

There are some times we get so hurt almost beyond repair but I’m sure there is nothing to big or too mundane for God to handle. So, you can pray about it and just pour out your feelings to Him. I’m 100 percent sure this will help. 

We’ve come to the end of today’s episode guysss! Thanks to everyone that contributed to this; Yetunde, Edna, Toyosi, Funmike, Funke, Chioma, Clara, Vivien and Samuel. 

Thanks so much for reading guys. Feel free to drop a comment if you have any other suggestions on how to get over a breakup. You can comment as anonymous if you don’t want to reveal your name.❤️ Don’t forget to check back next Saturday for another episode. See you again then. Bye! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–



Special birthday shoutout to Moyin Olusola aka Amaka. I don’t know her personally but she always finds a way of sending her feedbacks after reading posts on Limitless. Thanks so much sweetie. Have a fabulous year ahead!❤️





Comments

  1. Only cash dollars can take my mind off a breakup lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it wierd..... Some of us just forget anything ever happened and in my mind we just guys ๐Ÿ™„

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only number 2 most especially "Games" can take my mind off breakup

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was an interesting read as always ๐Ÿ˜ŠI really enjoyed it.... Ouuuu thank you so much for the birthday shout out,God bless ๐Ÿ’œ From your biggest fan ๐Ÿค—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐ŸคฉYou are welcome!

      Delete
  5. Another what ... Another Banger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, nice one sis.
    I don't really know much about this topic. But about deleting contact info reminds me of an occurrence when I was in school. Not a break up though, it was a misunderstanding between my guy and I. I was so hurt that I decided to delete his number and then straight to blacklist. Though I was hurt, I still check my phone from time to time for the calls I've missed from him. At the end of that day, I was so happy he didn't get through to me on phone, I even told my my friends how happy I was. But this didn't last because the guy came to my hostel the following day and that was it.

    Let me just say that the determination to move on matters a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it’s all about what’s going on in your head. If you want to be stuck, you would be. So, determination to move on matters.
      Wow. Thanks a lot for this. We really appreciate it.๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

      Delete
  7. Yinmu , it seems your heart has been broken plenty๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, she say delete number ๐Ÿ˜‚, anyways i love it , i am so proud of you❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Universe City

Baby Steps!

Spotting Red Flags!

My Scary Experience with Miss Koi Koi

Spotting Green Flags